Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Today In the News...

3 stories that I would like to make a note of today...

1) Groundhog's Day Phil the 125 year old Groundhog didn't see his shadow... only 2 more weeks of winter! Two things here: clearly Phil isn't paying attention to the giant blizzard going on where he lives. 2) Two more weeks? Try it never happened here, I sat outside reading on my lunchbreak today tring to catch a few rays. Ah joy.

2) NYC Smoking Ban Just another reason it's the greatest city in the world. First you couldn't smoke inside in public places, now you can't smoke outside in public places. Smoking is disgusting and stupid, let's just vote it off the island (notice how this statement works both as a reference to "Survivor" and the news article)

3) Poor Little Andy Cooper Anderson Cooper got attacked by a mob of anti-American Egyptians. Poor Anderson, I hope they didn't permanently damage his pretty face... I have always been a fan of it. Gloria Vanderbilt and her jeans cannot be pleased.

*I also read that Pres. Obama invited J-Lo to his Super Bowl party... I know,I know!you're as interested and shocked as I was (meaning not at all).

2 comments:

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I am so jealous of your weather. NYC....seriously, they know what is going on. Anderson Cooper is a hottie, I felt bad for him. Come back to Utah, it sucks without you.

Karim said...

Hey. Are you hating on Anderson Cooper? Because I, too, like his pretty face.