Monday, February 28, 2011

SAP Open

So it's been like 2 weeks since this post should have happened, but oh well. Laura and I went to the SAP Open in San Jose one Saturday night. It's not quite as glamorous as the US Open or Wimbeldon, but we'll take what we can get. And we did get to see Verdasco aka #7 in the world. I'm not usually one to swoon and have crushes over celebrities (or maybe I am? Can't be sure) but this guy is fantastic. We stayed long after the match to listen to his thick Spanish accent during an interview, watch him sign tons of autographs, kiss babies, wave to fans... precious.



After thinking about it, I realized I'd never been to a tennis event before and was so weirded out by how silent the arena was the entire night. I am Julie Smith's daughter afterall, and am accustomed to a little bit more cheering and craziness at sporting events.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Too funny. Agreed. Sporting events need to include lots of yelling.

Unknown said...

You look skiiiiinny!