Thursday, October 14, 2010

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief

I've realized that I have the potential to start my very own non-mom, mom-blog with all the pictures and stories I have accumulated hanging out with my 2 1/2 year old nephew. Since his mom does a pretty good job on the mom blog front, I've decided to go in another direction. You guessed it! Today I will tell you about my adventures with Percy Jackson*.

This week we visited Mt. Tamalpais, home to the Titans: enemies of the Greek gods, mortal threat to human kind, pretty much all around bad guys. They live on Mt. Tam and are led by the Atlas, who is forced to hold up the world on his shoulders. Here are some highlights from our quest**.



We wandered the Muirwoods forest looking for tree nymphs to aid us on our quest.



We traveled through secret tree tunnels in order to enter the Titan's secret lair undetected



Finally, once we reached their lair, Percy's dad Poseidon (god of the Sea) helped us to destroy them by channeling the power of the ocean.



Then we had a victory meal back at Camp Half-Blood. Hurray!



* I realize that 9 out of 10 of you have no idea what I'm talking about. Feel free to ignore this post.
** I also realize that those of you who do know what I'm talking about probably still want to ignore this post. Feel free to do so. Sometimes unemployment gets really boring and I'm forced to think about things like this to entertain myself.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

love it and you need to send me all your pictures of the GG bridge and our trip. they are gorgeous!!

Scott Smith said...

awesome - this is what cool sisters are all about