Friday, October 1, 2010

I Love You Spot Conlon

Recently I added a Newsies Radio Station to the ranks of my Pandora playlists. For those of you who have never watched this glorious Disney-based-on-a-true-story-musical, I say shame on you. Me and my brother spent a good part of our childhood watching Newsies. And by watching I mean rehearsing the dance moves and acting out the fight scenes. Pay close attention at 3:58 for our favorite move.



I rediscovered this movie with some friends back in high school one rainy Saturday afternoon. Just as this scene in the movie began playing on the screen, I told my friends about how me and my brother used to practice the dancing (specifically the pelvic thrust part) all the time when we were younger. At this moment, my college age brother ran into the room, proceeded to reenact the dance and then ran out without saying a word. Dear Scott, Newsies screening/rehearsal and perhaps a few rounds of DDR sometime soon?

No comments: