Monday, October 25, 2010

If Everybody Had An Ocean...

Earlier in the week, me and some friends watched the 1987 cult classic "North Shore"
(check it out: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093648/). I had never seen it before and it was love at first viewing. You could imagine our excitement later in the week when we found out that Santa Cruz's annual pro surf competition, The Coldwater Classic, was happening this weekend. With the countless viewings of Blue Crush in my lifetime and having lived on Oahu's North Shore, I couldn't believe this the first time I'd been to a real life competition. It was awesome.



Watching the pros got us pumped up and we put on wet suits and caught a few waves of our own. The boys go surfing pretty much every weekend, but since this was my first time they were nice enough to give me some pointers and take turns babysitting me. After a lot of paddling I finally was able to stand up, here's a picture of me hanging ten! Ok, just kidding this is one of the good guys... but I really did stand! I can't wait to get back out there soon!

1 comment:

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

WOW!! I can't believe you did it. Okay, actually I can believe it because you do crazy cool stuff all of the time. I don't think I will ever be able to stand on a surf board. I miss you! Let's skype with Ashton this week!