Monday, June 20, 2011

The More I Know, The Less I Understand

I majored in Political Science in college, and whenever I tell people this they are interested to hear what my positions are on today's issues. They (and I) are always surprised at how little of an opinion I have on most of these topics. It's not so much that I don't have ideas or thoughts, but I think I see so much of what's going on as being entirely gray, while both sides are trying to make it seem like it's black or white.



I like to read Greg Mankiw's blog, he's an economics professor at Harvard, and he recently wrote an article about health care in the NYT that I thought was interesting and spells out some of the same thoughts that I have. I think both sides are more on each other's side than they realize or are willing to admit.

No comments: