Thursday, March 3, 2011

Some Wanderings...

And by wanderings I mean random things on my mind:

1) I'm sick of weird trend diets people go on. One of my coworkers just read a book called "The China Study" and now swears that all meat, even fish, is poison for your body. That book is the poison.

2) I want to be Kate Middleton. I read this article today and became depressed that I will never have a cabinet of jewels to choose from. Alas, such is the life of a poor peasant girl.



3) Remember that time we talked about Anderson Cooper getting beaten up in Egypt and how I love him? I'm currently reading his book "Dispatches from the Edge". That man has had a rough life. People should walk a few miles in his aqua socks before they judge him. That is, assuming he has aqua socks and would lend them to you. I think he would though, Anderson seems like a pretty generous guy.

4) #brandondaviesepicfail

5) We started a weekly documentary club and have watched some real gems so far. Please take a gander at this clip in particular from the cinematographic masterpiece "Darkon" . Fact. One in every 2 people is a LARP-er** (Life Action Role Play). If it's not you, it's your spouse.

** I made up this statistic.

1 comment:

Karim said...

1. Yeah, people on diets period annoy me sometimes. I do find that I eat the healthiest on Tuesdays. That is because I watch Biggest Loser and somehow I can't eat my beloved Snickers ice cream bars while watching this show.

2. I really have a love/hate relationship with Kate. I love her because she is beautiful and she seems so nice! Plus, she looks like she has soft hands! Haha. But I secretly envy her, too. Except that she has to marry will. But I could totally do the princess thing.

3. I need to read that book. I love A. Coops.

4. Is that something twitter related? I do not take part in this twitter madness. I believe that it is not real.

5. Chris and I LOVE documentaries. Tonight, we are watching "Exit Through the Gift Shop." And we have TOTALLY seen Darkon. It became redundant, but I loved the passion. Hahaha. OH, you guys should watch "The King of Kong" if you haven't already. It's about Donkey Kong (which you know I have no idea about) but it is really fascinating! Oh, and I'm pretty sure your LARP statistic is true. I saw it on FOX news once :)