Friday, May 13, 2011

Whoopsie Daisies

You know the scene in Notting Hill where Hugh Grant keeps trying to climb over a fence and every time he falls down, he says "Whoopsie Daisies" and then Julia Roberts makes fun of him and then he still does it again? This scene?

Sometimes that scene is all too familiar to me. Yesterday I was on the phone with my sister while at work, and must have said "okey doke" or "okey dokey" a half dozen times, and the second I hung up a co-worker popped their head into my cube to laugh and make fun of me for something only "little girls with blonde ringlets" and people from 50 years ago said. Help me? It's getting embarrassing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What do they want you to do, throw an f bomb in between "okie" and "doke"? how the heck else are we LDS poeple supposed to express ourselves?

i've noticed i say "goll" an awful lot...and NO one says that. NO ONE. last time i heard it was on Leave It To Beaver. annnd last time i watched that was quite a while ago, sooo i don't know where i picked that up.

yeah, on second thought let's start cussing so people take us seriously.

Chanel said...

"Alrighty" has frequented my vocabulary as of late. It's not okay.