Thursday, May 19, 2011

Please Sir Can I Have S'More?

In case you hadn't heard... my mom makes the best chocolate chip cookies in the world. So naturally, growing up, all I ever wanted her to do was buy crappy store bought cookies like all the other kids' mom's/nannies did. (One time in fourth grade I actually had a meltdown at school when she surprised me by baking a batch of cookies to bring to me and my friends at lunch time. Through my hot salty tears I yelled "why can't you just give me Oreos like everyone else's mom/nanny!" Yeah, I sucked as a fourth grader apparently.) Anyways, I've since recovered from that bout of youthful insanity/desire to fit in and totally appreciate my mom's cookies. And pretty much everything else she makes.

Howeverrrrr. There was one type of cookie that I would have her buy at the store that I still think are fantastic. Have you tried Mallomars? They were my favorite. They didn't sell them in the summer because the thin chocolate dipped coating melts in the trucks because it's so hot. (My mom learned that for us after constantly coming home from the store to me empty handed in the summertime). Mallomars are the best. You should try them. I couldn't find the brand name ones at Safeway but the knock-off ones are pretty o.k. for now.

PS I hope my future kids aren't stupid like I was. If my daughter started crying and screaming at me for making homemade cookies for her and her friends... I think I would lock her out of the house and let her sleep on the lawn for a night or two. Sorry mom, you're a saint.

No comments: