Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cougars, Caddies, and Mancubs

I, along with two friends, have joined a women's golf league. Every Monday night we meet up with a number of Palo Alto women to play nine holes of golf, have a little friendly competition, and do some socializing. It's great.

Other than me and my friends, I'd dare to say the average age is 60. So now you can guess that the reference to Cougars in the title has nothing to do with my Alma Mater, and everything to do with the League's demographic. Golf League is the new Ladies Who Lunch, and I intend on become a key member of the group. It's my ticket in to society's upper crust.

After 9 holes we all meet up in the clubhouse to eat, drink, and enjoy the tunes of some aspiring musicians who double as Golf Pros. I like to refer to these as the Mancubs. 20-something boys playing Dave Matthews songs while these ladies indulge in a glass or two of wine and feast their Cougar eyes on young flesh, you can't make this stuff up.

Mondays just got a little bit better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HA HA I LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

hahahha. you have an inner cougar in you for 2 reasons now. unleash it. i didn't know you golfed...? you do it all, smith. you do it all.