Monday, April 25, 2011

I'm the Doctor for You!

Is it water on the knee? (Operation!) A thousand dollar fee! (Operation!)
A Charlie horse it's true (Operation!) I'm the doctor for you!



Remember the commercials for the board game operation? We experienced a real life version of Operation (not to be confused with actual surgery) this weekend. Andrew-man broke off plastic fork prongs and shoved one up his nose. His mom used the iPhone flashlight app while his Grandma Julie pinned his arms down so that his Daddy could use eyebrow tweezers to pull the thing out from deep in his nose. I took pictures and tried not to laugh.



P.S. This is Jules' Easter hat she made with the seniors. Hilarious? Yes. Am I worried that at some point she might, as the anthropologists say, "go native"? Slightly. For now though, I think we all need to re-evaluate what Easter truly means, take a page out of the Harlem Baptists/British' book and bring back big, ridiculous, possibly made of paper bags, hats for Easter Sunday. All in favor?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahaha

i love that noses are so adulterated in childhood. when i was little, i found a sparkley orange bead in the couch and stuck it up my nose. i thought it was pretty and showed my mom, exceppppt my mom couldn't get it out, so we had to make a trip to the doctor. i was disappointed. it looked great.

good ideas gone bad.

Stephanie and Brett said...

Jessie!!! How are you?? Is your main picture from when we went to New York for Karim's wedding? It reminded me of good times! I hope all is well for you!