Friday, September 30, 2011

"Intellectual" Stuff

Round two.

1) I tutor a boy that is a freshman in high school. Sometimes we work on math, at the beginning I was scared. But it turns out all those years I spent hating math were silly, I like math! I was just bad at math :/. Mostly cause I never did my HW or paid attention in class. Math is cool. I wish I could go back in time and make my middle school and high school self realize these things. Instead I will try to do this vicariously through my tutee.

(This could've been me.)

2) I love to read. I've read a lot of really depressing (albeit great) books recently. Sarah's Key, The Girl with the Dragon Tatroo, House of the Spirits, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close = Political corruption + Murder + Rape + Holocaust + 9/11 + Who knows what else. They're all great, I suggest them all. However, maybe don't read them back to back to back to back.

3) The Palo Alto Film Festival is in town this week. They showed a movie last night called "A Day in the Life" that we watched. They asked over 7,000 people to submit one-minute film clips showing a typical day in their life. What would yours show? Other than me showing off my office cube with my standing desk (so great), I'm still thinking...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahah love the mean girls clip! i would love to see a day in your life. i'm sure it would be entertaining.