Thursday, September 16, 2010

I Left My Heart in San Francisco...

The first time I ever visited San Francisco was on a business trip with my dad, I was eight. As always, I was traveling with my favorite stuffed animal, a Gund puppy. It won't surprise most of you to hear that I lost this stuffed animal on the trip. I was beside myself with grief and my dad decided to teach me about the song "I Left My Heart in San Francisco" and then told me to change "heart" to "Gund puppy" and sing the blues about my loss. Here's to some more fun times in San Fran!


Here's my and the momster in front of my new house in Palo Alto! I had braced myself for something a lot older and grosser in a neighborhood that had couches on the lawns, so I was super excited when I saw my new place!


I've had fun exploring Palo Alto's downtown, big pretty houses, and Stanford' campus. This pictures at the top of the Dish, basically Stanford's version of the Y that overlooks the whole area. L-o-v-e it.

Although I'm new, I've had fun reuniting with the couple of people out here I already know, and meeting some new friends through them too. I've found myself singing the theme song to "Full House" a few too many times in the last couple of days and hoping that maybe if I put myself in harms way, Matthew McConaughey will magically appear to save the day. I'll keep you posted!


2 comments:

Kim Morley said...

I love that you are posting!!! I need to do it.

Unknown said...

aww this sounds so fun! if i hadn't gotten married, we would have been neighbors! OR if you had decided to get hitched, we could have been neighbors here. but that's ok, maybe we can try the neighbor thing again in a few years. your house looks incredible!